Sunday, October 17, 2010

3D Paint and Subsurface Scattering

I finished up this gross looking elf model with some even grosser looking additions.  I learned how to use the 3D paint tools in Blender and played around with the subsurface scattering.  I'd like to be able to control the SS settings on different parts of the model, but I couldn't figure out a way how.  For instance the ears need more SS than the rest of the face, and I'd like to figure out how to put some veins in there.  Here's the result. (click to enlarge)





I couldn't decide between a robot with organic pieces thing and just a flat cartoony jagged edge thing, and today I had the idea of trying both by having skin over moving parts. Hopefully I'll also be able to figure out a way to have the parts show through, though that might get a bit complicated in the rigging stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment