Saturday, November 13, 2010

Frustration

I'm trying really hard to be okay with the fact that I'm not the best at traditional art but I'm getting extremely frustrated.  After attempting to paint my last post I realized I really don't know anything about painting color/light/shadow so I figured I'd try practicing that just to get a better base before starting artwork for the project.  I started painting a self portrait and of course it's really difficult. I'm not sure why I expect to be able to jump into something that people spend YEARS practicing and just nail it right away. This is a true test of patience.


I'm going to give it another try and do my best not to be frustrated... if it sucks, it sucks. The project can continue without it being great.  I can also just not paint things.

2 comments:

  1. you can also change your aesthetics. like punk music you dont have to be a virtuoso to write a good song!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know... you're right. God damn. Screw drawing and painting well.

    ReplyDelete